- To create an annual regional festival that is intimate fun, thought-provoking and sometimes challenging.
- To engage readers and writers of all ages and backgrounds.
- Aspire to be unique among other literary festivals in using the region’s rich environmental and cultural heritage and the passions of local writers and readers.
Goals and Objectives
- Establish a flagship annual literary festival on the mid-north coast of NSW, focusing on and celebrating Australian authors.
- Provide a program of events which engages and inspires the interest of the regional community in many forms of the written word.
- Deliver a program unique among other literary festivals in paying homage to the local landscape.
- Set up an inclusive forum that brings together those with a common interest in the written word.
- Share a program that honours and utilises the region’s rich cultural heritage of the Gumbaynggirr people.
- Create new opportunities for social and cultural interaction.
- Build a public arena for the promotion and presentation of local and regional writing.